Saturday, November 13, 2010

Little Man Is One Month already!!!

Raleigh is already one month old.

I am already a bad mommy to my second born in that I don't have a single picture from his actual one month birthday.  We did have Michele from Pinkle Toes Photography come out for some newborn and family pictures on his "birthday" though.  :)

I can't wait to see the shots she got!

For now, here are a few we've taken over the last week or so:

Raleigh has been more awake lately and we love getting to see those big blue eyes.


He's also filled out some more and was 9 pounds 2 ounces last Wednesday at the pediatrician (he was 7lbs 1oz at birth).  We were there because little man's umbilical stump STILL had not fallen off and I was getting a little worried.


 I had no reason to worry though.  It's fairly common and they just use some silver nitrate to cauterize what's left and encourage it to fall off.  There was no pain for him though because there aren't any nerve endings where they are cauterizing.  Phew!

It fell off that night and just in time because R needed a good REAL bath!


I tried to get a good picture of Tatum in her Big Sister shirt and Raleigh in his Little Brother shirt, but this is the best I could get:

I have a feeling that's how many of our pictures will be for quite a while :)

Tatum sure does love her Raleigh James.  She says, "Good Morning Raleigh James!"  every morning, brings him her blankie when he's crying, hugs and kisses him a lot, and asks to hold him frequently.  She hasn't shown any jealousy or aggression toward him so far.


This Momma loves her little girl, but wow... Zach's got some heavy competition for mommy's favorite man. 

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I LOVE that Tatum has this giant, unwaivering smile while Raleigh is screaming his head off! So funny!