Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Snow Day Part 1

We got some snow a few weeks ago here in Wimberley.  

It was real snow compared to the ice pellets that fell last year.  I was so excited to show Tatum when she woke up.  I think I hyped up her reaction to much in my mind because this is the face she made when she went outside:


As if to say, "What the heck is all the excitement about Mommy?"

I urged her to eat some...


She was skeptical.

Then it was like a little light went off... SNOW!  How fun!



And off she went running across the yard.  Just as spunky and frisky as the dogs were that morning.


It was just a light dusting, but exciting none the less around here.





Even Tucker had to go explore.  He wasn't hesitant a bit about walking right out into it.  That's saying a lot about a cat who just a few months ago went outside for the very first time in all his 8 years.


It snowed on a Friday morning and while the rest of the Austin area was enjoying a Snow Day with their families, my poor hubby had to drive all the way to North Austin for a 7am case.  Nothing like making the first tracks in the snow/ice, up and down hills, across 3 low water crossings, and it taking 3x as long. 

He left us this note when he left that morning:




1 comment:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Yay for snow. At least for you. I'm sick of snow myself! :-)