Friday, September 10, 2010

We've FINALLY Picked A Name...

Meet
Raleigh James

Profile
(His forehead is on the right)


Face
(He's looking straight at you, forehead on right.  You can see his right eye, nose, and mouth)


My 34 week appointment was today.  I'll be 35 weeks on Sunday.  We got a sneak peek of our little man so my doctor could check his growth.  She wasn't necessarily worried as I am measuring correctly and gaining weight appropriately, but since Tatum was born 10 days early and just an ounce over the NICU "preemie" status at 5lbs 9 oz, she figured it would be a good time to check him out.
Everything looked great!  He's measuring in the 35%ile at 5lbs 3 oz and taking up every last inch of real estate I've got for him.  He's head down, and by down I mean WAY down.  In fact, when she checked me, I was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced.  Wow.  I don't think I'm going to make it to October 17th!  I've got my fingers crossed I can hold out until October at all.

There are no concerns necessarily.  She wouldn't stop labor if it started at this point, but she did say she would induce if I did, somehow miraculously, make it to 40 weeks.

All good news, except that I've got even less time than I thought to get the rest of his stuff in place and mentally prepare for adding another little human to this family.

I've got a shower this Sunday... I can't wait!

(I've also got some before and after pictures coming of Tatum Bug's BIG GIRL ROOM, our new bedroom upstairs, and Raleigh's room... as soon as I finish it!)

3 comments:

RAPN! said...

Love the name! Congrats! It took us 3 days after Luke was born to name him! Poor guy!
Glad things are going well for you!

RAPN! said...

Love the name! Congrats! It took us 3 days after Luke was born to name him! Poor guy!
Glad things are going well for you!

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I am hoping you can make it to my birthday. And I am well aware of the fact that should Raleigh and I share a birthday it will no longer be "my birthday", it will be the grand-baby's birthday! Worth it though!