Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lakefest

A few weekends ago Zach, Tatum, and I drove to Marble Falls for their annual Lakefest. It was our first time, but probably not the last. To borrow from the fest's site, it turns "Lake Marble Falls into a liquid quarter-mile "racetrack" and the banks of the lake into a wild three-day boat race party." Totally accurate.


We met Jenny, Joel, and their girls Larkin and Willa there and enjoyed the view from a big shady tree. It was over 100, AGAIN, but Tatum was a champ!



There was sno-cone eating (don't you just adore that hat???)....


A nap in front of the HUGE misting fan under the tent...


and REALLY loud races, none of which woke Tatum while she was sleeping.


I have a feeling we'll be going next year too!

2 comments:

HILER said...

Gosh, she's so big! Can you believe how fast it happens?

And I DO love that hat!

Shannon said...

I wish Paxton would nap in his stroller like that. I can't imagine it ever happening anymore.