Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bug is 13 Months!

We successfully moved over to Blogger!

Our Easy Site will only be up and running for another week or so, so take a peek while you can at all the memories of our life since Bug.

All of our posts will be here now, as well as pictures! I will not be posting as many pictures as before since Blogger doesn't have an "album" feature. I will be posting many though, don't worry Zellers!! :) Please be patient as I learn this new way of blogging. I'm sure there will be many changes in the next few days as I play around. If anyone can give me pointers on backgrounds (why is the background I found only on the outside edges and not in the middle??), inserting pictures into the posts, or captions, please send them my way!!


Our biggest news since the last update is that our Tatum June is WALKING! Yep folks, real steps, more than a few at a time, and not always in the direction of something to hold onto. Ot's wild, it really is. She's this real little human now. It's hard to see still her as our baby. Dare I say she's a TODDLER?

We've still only got the 2 teeth, no more on the way that I can tell. Allergies are rough for her right now. I can't go anywhere without Kleenex. She's still taking 2 naps a day and we've got the bottles down to just before naps and bedtime. I know it's just routine at this point and not so much for the nutrition, so I'm looking to pull back and start with the morning nap bottle. We'll see how that goes. She's still sleeping through the night with a little hiccup only here and there. She's awesome!

Tatum is babbling up a storm and can "say" Mama, Dada, uh-oh, and some form of Gramma, kitty, and dog. Her newest expression is to gasp and drop her jaw in surprise. She'll do this at any time and for anything, even the toy she was just playing with 3 minutes ago. :) It's adorable. So, if you see pictures of her mouth wide open, that's what she's doing.

Zach and I have gotten our hands dirty again and finished some projects around here finally. It's been a long time. We both really miss all the time to work here on and around the house. Not that we don't love to spend time with Bug, but it's hard to watch projects sit and remain unfinished. We got some sod and put it in the front yard. It's so nice... it's like having rugs outside. It's greening up nicely now and we're really liking being about to play there and not come back inside covered in dirt and crushed gravel. We also finished the fence around the propane tank (minus paint on the trim and our painted bluebonnets on the metal), and the best finished project is the GARDEN!

The garden is growing! We haven't been able to pick anything just yet, but the tomatoes are getting there. We've got corn, watermelons, eggplant, peas, green beans, peppers, and tomatoes. We have had some of our neighbor's onions, lettuce, and broccoli though. We share the garden with them, so we've got lots of mouths to eat all the goodies! I'll have to take some new pictures of all the green growth soon and share!

I plan to post some pictures from Mother's Day tomorrow, so please check back!


4 comments:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Amy-

If you use Picasa- you can upload to the web from there in the form of slideshows and you can embed those in blogger. You can also create collages there.

I have other friends that youse photobucket to post their slideshows and videos on blogger.

Also if you resize your photos to around 640mp that will help with blogger storage.

Call me if you have questions.

Shannon said...

I love the "background" just being on the side. It looks really good. I'm glad you're at blogspot now. Perhaps I'll remember to look a little more often. I love all your great pictures and updates!

Courtney, Lance and Emma said...

Man you really do have a zoo!!! Looks like you guys have some property, good thing. We are big gardeners too, good luck with yours!

Janna said...

Hey Amy!

Your blog is sooo perty! I need to fancy mine up a bit. I'm learning so much it's hard to decide what to do first. Anyway I love all the news, and thanks for adding me to your bloglist!