Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Three Generations
Gramma, Tatum, and Mommy


Mother's Day was off to a great start when Tatum slept in until 9:20! As soon as we were all up and rolling we headed out to the Wimberley Cafe for some YUMMY breakfast. I just love their breakfast tacos. Seems a lot of other people had the same idea, including our friends Shannon and Chris. (They belong to Tatum's friend Paxton) We spent the rest of the day hanging out at home together. My favorite thing to do.

Best Buds, Gramma and her Bug

Later in the afternoon, we headed out for a ride around town (nap for Tatum) and then ended up at Gramma and Grampa's house for a steak dinner. Tatum entertained us as usual walking all over the place, showing us her new dancing moves, and posing for tons of pictures for Grampa.

It's hard to believe I've had two Mother's Days already. I think it's quickly becoming my favorite holiday. I think the first homemade card from Tatum will be the BEST gift ever. Well, of course SHE is the best gift ever, but you know what I mean.... :)

I actually get a Mother's Day, Part Two next weekend when we are going to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. I have wanted to go for YEARS and since we didn't quite have time on Sunday, we're gonna visit next Sunday. I can't wait. I've heard how beautiful it is so many times. We picked up a hiking back pack for Tatum in Austin today, so it will be a perfect trip to try it out! Not that we will be hiking necessarily, but I don't think she could quite walk all by herself a lot while we are there and I'm certainly not going to carry her the whole time! She's HEAVY! I'll be sure to post some good pictures after our trip!


No comments: