Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sweet Sara Sue

We lost our Sara today. We are completely heartbroken.

She followed Zach home from a run at my parent's house here in Wimberley back in March of 2003. That girl chased him up the huge hill in Paradise Hills when Zach was sure he had lost her.

She then sat on my parent's porch for over 8 hours waiting to go home with her new family.

We put signs all over town, but no one called to claim her. By the time the signs went up, we were both secretly hoping no one would call. It didn't take long for us to fall in love with her.

So, off we went... back to UT with Sara in tow!

She was a constant companion for the last 6 years. She went to track meets, track practice, countless parks to play her beloved frisbee, numerous Jeep rides, and LOVED her huge yard here in Wimberley where she could be in charge and watch the world.

She was the boss of the house for sure. Herding cats and putting Piper in her place. Poor Pippy has a few scars on her nose to prove it! But at the same time, she was the sweet protector here at home.

One of my favorite Sara memories was when she was the "ring doggie" at our wedding. She carried our rings to us on a pretty green bow around her neck.

You just don't come across a dog like her often.

Whoever gave her up was a moron to let such a gem of a spirit go. We, though, were the luckiest people on the planet to have found her! (Actually, she found us!)

We miss you so much already sweet girl. You will forever be in our hearts. We love you!













This picture and the one below were taken the day she found us and put on her "Found" posters.
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, Jenny gave me the address to your blog and this is the first time I've checked it out. I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our beloved cat, Nikki {her finding us shares a similar story as your Sara} the year Clay was born. Our hearts go out to you!

Robin said...

Amy, the last post was from me...Robin. Not sure why it posted anonymous?!

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sara was a beautiful dog and I loved hearing the story about how she found you. That's so neat that she was your ring dog. :) It's so hard to lose a loved furry member of the family. ((HUGS)) to you guys!

I'm new to your blog. I think I found it on Tonya Joy's blog. :)

Shannon said...

Such a sweet dog. I LOVE the picture of her with the bubbles. You're such a good animal mommy.