Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Busy, Busy

I've been trying to tackle my to-do list(s) for a while and I finally made some progress!


I found the directions for these "Crinkle Squares" on an awesome blog I visit called Joy's Hope. They were VERY easy to make and with my mom's help, we had one made and the rest were ready to be sewn. Aren't they cute? You stick something crinkly in between the soft layers like plastic from a wipe bag to make it noisy. I have every intention of sending them to a few friends and cousins who are due any day now. I just need to get to the post office and DO IT!

While I was at Cowgirls & Lace in Dripping to get the super soft fabric for the crinkle squares, I picked up some SUPER FUN oil cloth fabric for my kitchen cabinets. Being that our cabinets take up an entire wall in the kitchen, it was an instant (and CHEAP) kitchen makeover! Zach isn't exactly thrilled with the cherries, but he's humoring me.



Too girly?? Tatum can't quite tell me, but she LOVES it... I just know.

Coming Soon:
Our garden (read: our HUGE ongoing project) is looking awesome! I've taken some new pictures of the green beans, corn, tomatoes, and watermelons and will post soon! But my "new" pictures need updating already. We were out watering last night and the quarter size watermelon is now about the size of a gigantic softball! Yipee!

No comments: