Saturday, June 27, 2009

Progress Update

Our Bug is growing up so fast. I just realized it has been a while since I've posted some of her latest and greatest new "tricks". Seems like she learns something (or a few somethings) every day.

Enjoy more "Scooch" shots in between. She's been quite busy around here "helping" me and loving on her doggies more and more. They have been awesomely patient and accepting of the extra snuggles and kisses. Thank goodness!

At our last Dr. visit Tatum weighed 25 pounds and 8 ounces. That's almost exactly 20 pounds more than when she was born (and about 1/5 of me!). She wear size 5 shoes! They are about half the size of my feet!

We saw Dr. Pruitt for more allergy symptoms. He's got her on some new medicines that I think still need tweaking, but I'm happy it's only allergies and not a virus or cold. Other than swatting my hands away when I wipe her nose she is not bothered at all with her symptoms.

Her favorite things to do these days are:

Play with her matchbox cars
Wear beads
Lay on the dog beds, random towels, and pillows
Get into all the things she shouldn't
Run (new trick!)
Climb stairs
Eat (nothing new really)
"Go!" (anywhere)
Read books in your lap
Bring you toys to play with and sit down in front of you to emphasize her want to play, even if you are standing
Whip all items from her toy box over her head and around the room violently
Show off her radar for remotes, keys, glasses, and phones
DANCE, DANCE, DANCE

(Yes, she's stuck half way in/out of the tub! SO FUNNY! And yes, I ran to get the camera before I helped her.)



Tatum's Vocabulary:

GuCK: (emphasis on the CK) truck (or car at this point)
Curh: car
Wrum Wrum: vroom vroom
GO!: this is always an exclamation
Dada: even when asked to say Mama
What does a cow say: moooooooo
Uh-oh: her first word
Tee: kitty
Yow Yow Yow: meow, meow, meow
Uuk: book
bah: ball
nigh nigh: night, night

Of course she understands SO MUCH more than we even know!




Yep, that little pink thing on her head is a BOW! I have to admit that I think it's pretty cute and I actually like it. Too bad that was about the only day that she wore it without ripping it (and some hair) out immediately after I put it in! I'll keep trying...

7 comments:

Janna said...

I love her paper towel quilt. Ha! I'm always running for my camera too.

Briella like to say "dow dow" (down) as she slides down the stairs on her tummy.

Hmmm I don't know if we will ever get to visit you:( but maybe we'll still come to TX. I'll have to talk to my mom. So sad!

Shannon said...

I love the paper towel quilt, too! SO cute! And the pictures of her with the pets and the one in the tub are PRICELESS! I have one of Paxton falling out of his push-car when he couldn't get back in or out and I had to grab the camera before I helped him. Mean mommies, all for the photo op!

Angela W said...

Amy, your daughter is absolutely precious, so cute! I love the pics with your german shephard. Its like they just know there is something different about little ones and they take extra care of them.

Denise said...

A bow! A bow! A bow!!!! Yea!

THE ZELLERS said...

I knew you'd be proud D! :)

Anonymous said...

love them in a onesie, so simple to unsnap, pull the diaper over, lovely close up pics of her bald pussy or a video of me rubbing it while she enjoys it, snap closed a couple of mins nobody ever knows

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm hanging in mid air just rip off her diaper and tounge punch her tight bumhole